Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Fireliner Speaks.

Accused of betrayal, the Firebrand/Frontliner has decided to write a personal account on the recent Frontliners 300 v Firebrands match.


I really don't know why I bothered waking up so early.

I had a healthy two hours before June'd come and fetch me (thank you june!), and I felt like practicing floorball.

Went to get the stick, and guess what? I forgot - it wasn't with me.

Pfft.

So I read Sejarah Tingkatan 4 instead. Yes, before that floorball match I so very badly and desperately wanted to win (partly so that Andrew won't have a chance to scoff at me lol).

..

Gosh the black jersey's huge. I was drowning in it.

..

The morning at Dalat started off with exchanging grins with Andrew while thinking of the repercussions of a loss.

Yup, one thing Firebrands has which Frontliners definitely lacks sometimes: a bunch of supporters.

Really, I didn't know whether to be happy or otherwise to see 'em in one awesome group in the stands.

I think the warm-up was kinda lackadaisical.

..

So the first half was pretty great, for me - at least I got to go in there (the court I mean).

Go in there and chase after that pesky fella (apple-green number 5 with Mikey's old pink stick) who basically ran everywhere.

And so it happened while I was out of court, watching from the sidelines as the ball came towards our goal - Daniel Tan taking very good advantage of the loopholes in 300's defense - and, to say the least, it was messy. Scrappy. The horrible ball-bouncing-helplessly-in-front-of-goal-as-huge-clump-of-people-try-in-vain-to-clear-it scenario.

You could see that everyone's stick was trying so desperately to clear that ball. Except for that one pink blade which kept uncannily calm until the perfect moment and...

...the pink blade slapped the ball.

And the ball went past Soon Khai, and the Firebrands supporters cheered and Daniel Tan was all smiles.

Oh crap.

What a way to start off.

The goal was nothing like the ones from the land where Henrik Quist and Swiss cheese comes from. It was messy. But still, it was a freakin' goal.

..

And after what seemed like really, really long moments, Mikey equalised, thankfully. Great job Mr Cheah.

..

And boy oh boy those Firebrands were quick and more than happy to reply, this time with a beautiful long shot from (correct me if I'm mistaken) Andrew (the big, fat (no offense! but relatively, he was?), hulking number 10) and the ball went past Khai like lightning, flying past the keeper into the top of the net.

EDIT: Sorry. Pesky (you know how he runs everywhere...) number 5 scored that goal, not Andrew.

..

So we shall skip now to the second half, when I didn't get to play, to the dismay of my adoring fans who just came from JYB. Haha.

It's okay I'm used to it. Plus firstly, I wasn't the only one and secondly, cheering from the sidelines still counts.

It was extremely excruciating waiting for an equalizer, which took like forever to come.

Even more dumbfounding was June getting sent off (from the first half, spilled over into the second) once for I-don't-know-what, secondly for walking over to the sidelines once her 2 minutes was over, thirdly for the same reason as the second time. It's okay, we would've done worse without you, June.

Mikey was placed in defense with June/Roselyn backing him up, and Megan centre, and Julian/Tristan/Kenneth as forwards.

And the Coach's (who I forgot to mention lost his voice so Kuan Yang did most of the shouting from the stands instead) plan finally paid off, well into the second half, when one of Mike's terrific long shots found its way past Bryan.

What a relief.

Mikey looked like he'd just won the lottery.

Andrew won't have much scoffing rights after all.

..

That was it for the match, and I wasn't happy, obviously, cuz firstly I wanted to win against Firebrands and secondly, like Carrard said, most of our hopes for a medal went up in flames.

..


Conclusion?

I love being a Frontliner. Darnnn I'm gonna miss you guys.

But still.

I'm a Firebrand. And that's that.

(And yes, it was hard but I've thanked God for the draw, even though I don't like the measly one point when we could've gotten two, but ah well, give thanks for everything.)


One last note: Unfortunately Andrew still managed to scoff mildly at me and I had to endure countless references to the floorball match later that night. Pfft. Though, I admit, as a Firebrand, I'm happy we (Firebrands) got a draw. As a Frontliner though, I'm not satisfied with the draw we (Frontliners) got.

posted by tania loke

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright 2011 fireBRANDS Floorball Club, All Rights Reserved