Sunday, March 8, 2009

Through a Spectator's Eyes

So, you've heard it from a Fireliner's view, now it's time to hear it from a fireBRANDS' supporter.
Now I may not play floorball (I'm more of a Captain Ball person, you see) or understand the game completely, but I know enough to say that today's match was definitely worth the watch (even though my favourite player, Chan Per Yue was absent from the match)!

Shall I begin with how I was "warmly" welcomed into the court by the Frontliners' Captain, Michael? Yes I think I shall.
So I walked in just behind today's Center, Andrew through the doors closest to where the players were gathered. I then continued my journey cross court to the bleachers where Joyce was seated and where Sarah Khoo was very dutifully opening the blinds? As i passed the side of the court hidden beneath the cap I stole from Le Roy, I had not noticed a floorballer practicing his shooting just beside me until I heard a rather sharp, loud whoosh-ing sound pass me just inches away from my face. Had I been a few seconds later to walk past, I would've met my fate with a floorball ball to my face.
But of course, Captain Frontliner did apologize numerous times as I stood there in shock. Lol. It was sorta funny looking at his facial expression. I think the application of "look right and left and right again before crossing" would've been much to my advantage here if I had known better!

The match only started pass 11 and the rest of the fireBRAND noise-makers were no where to be seen. First half of the match for us started with a bang with Dan scoring yet another first-goal-of-the-match, giving us the lead 1-0. Being the fireBRANDS that we are, we made the whole place a ruckus even though there were only less than 10 supporters by the bleachers..? Ohhh yeahhh, that's the fireBRANDS power right there. LOL. Anyway, the match continued and the kin cheong-ness grew as the first half ended in a 2-1 lead for us :) Oh and not forgetting our very own fireBRANDer who played for the opposing team (haha, it's better than calling you "the fireBRAND who betrayed us", Tania) who fought over the ball with Dan numerous times! It was kinda funny watching no.5 vs no.5 going after the ball. I cheered for you, Tania!!!

The rest of our usual supporters then joined us in time for the second half along with our stand in coach for the day, Linken. Poor guy probably went home without half his hearing after sitting on our side of the bleachers. Nonetheless, I'm sure our team was thankful for his guidance and for giving us supporters even more to cheer for! Linken's words to us before the second half started, "This should be an interesting second-half" (or somewhere along that line, I'm sorry I can't remember the exact words) definitely came true.

Second half of the fireBRANDS vs Frontliners match was nothing short of exciting. The heat was on at it's maximum. The supporters were full-on ready to lose their voices. The weather was getting hotter. The crowd was getting restless. The players were getting tired. The camera batteries were dying.

fireBRANDS' team went full throttle, head-on with their attacks and Bryan's goal defence was at it's peak. We were shocked at Michael's sudden half-court goal which brought the score to 2-2, but we didn't let it bring us down. I missed that shot though. I must've blinked or something. Anyway, our fireBRANDS spirit and ever famous "never say die" attitude was given a loud awakening after that shot and floorballers' engines at turbo speed.

Before we even realised it, the match had come to and end as the final whistle was sounded. And even though we didn't win, we didn't lose either, so that's good :D

So to the fireBRANDS floorballers, game well played! Though saying "well played" may be a bit of an understatement for us who are relatively new to this sport. Keep up the fireBRANDS spirit, you are the fiery floorballers, after all.
To describe your performance today in one word ;- AWESOME.
Thank you for giving us supporters a fun match to watch... and sore throats. You make us proud to be a part of the fireBRANDS :)

Signing out.-
Pictures will be added as soon as
I get my lazy self to upload them into the computer!


by Chew Yan Y

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright 2011 fireBRANDS Floorball Club, All Rights Reserved